Just want to thank Pipewire devs

reddit

Background:

I have been a long time Linux user, probably since 2014, but wireless microphones never worked under Linux. Apparently it's a limitation to the current audio subsystem, while it's possible under Pulse, it requires installing a bunch of packages like phonesim, adding policy to automatically switch to HFP when there is an app that uses the mic etc..

While now I just tried out of nowhere to switch my bluetooth earphone profile from A2DP to HFP, it just worked! I even doubted it so I tried blowing to the mic of my earphone and the volume meter does go up.
Xubuntu 21.10
Pipewire 0.3.32
Pulseaudio 15.0

What a time to be a Linux user, one gripe that I used to have, has just been solved.

submitted by /u/AJPuzon
[link] [comments]